New Harford Democratic Club's Creed
Our members believe in an activist government that is more responsive and accountable to the people it serves and to the taxpayers who pay for it. In order to create a more responsible government in Harford County and the State of Maryland, we need to become activists ourselves. Therefore, a primary purpose of our club will be to gather and study current information on chosen legislative issues so that we can take positions and actions on those issues. We will work closely with other organizations which have these goals. To more easily accomplish these tasks, we will create general principles on large issues which will then allow us to take specific action in support of legislation consistent with these principles. One such large issue is GROWTH in Harford County. The New Harford Democratic Club presently supports the following sound GROWTH practices which provide for:
- Direction of new development to the identified development envelope.
- Requirements that infrastructure and adequate public facilities keep pace with the approval of new development.
- Development and enforcement of zoning laws which are consistent with the intent of the adopted Master Land Use Plan.
- Development of strategies which promote equitable funding for growth and facilities.
- Preservation of farmland, forests, critical wetlands, and open space.
- Promotion of businesses and industry that provide jobs, improve the tax base, and do not negatively impact our environment.